Thursday, September 2, 2010

Too Soon?

Is it too soon to talk Halloween? In my house I've already started my internet search for some inspiration photos, and I can't wait to share all the great decor ideas I've found with you guys tomorrow so please stay tuned.

While this year I am sitting out of the party hosting duties (you can see the party I hosted last year here and here) I am going to attend a Halloween party and so I will need a costume. In all the years I've been getting dressed up, I have always made my own costumes and I will only buy pieces that I am not able to make. I am afterall a DIY girl at heart!

So here are just the first few inspiration photos to get me started on my own costume...I will be a black swan ballerina this year :

inspiration from the new movie Black Swan with Natalie Portman

black tulle


feathers

pretty fascinators... sequins and feathers: Forever 21

 pretty pink and black tutu


Whitney Port looking like a ballerina

I will be making a feather and tulle tutu a feather headband/tiara and some DIY ballerina pumps, so stay tuned for the tutorials for all of the projects!

I also have a killer pair of false feather lashes I can't wait to use!

And please tell me have any of you started saving and storing inspiration photos for Halloween yet? Or maybe you even starting buying decorations and costumes, I'd love to hear all about it!

0 comments: